GIST OF THE DAY: Woman recalls being manhandled on train

CAPE TOWN - A Cape Town
woman, who was filmed
being manhandled by
Metrorail officials on board
a train, has told
Eyewitness News the
incident was horrible.
Charmaine Downs was
forced off a coach at
Koeberg Station last
Saturday for not having a
train ticket.
Metrorail staff then
physically removed her
from the train.
“About four ladies and one
gentleman grabbed me
around my arms. I've got
bruises all over the show.
I've got pain on my back
and my left upper arm is
still very bruised and
sore.”
Video footage posted on
YouTube shows Downs
shouting at the officials
that she wasn't able to
buy a ticket at the station.
Metrorail says it is
investigating and is
struggling to identify who
the culprits are as the
footage is not very clear.
Western Cape Transport
MEC Robin Carlisle says,
“This is the third incident
that I’m aware of in recent
times on Metrorail. It’s
discouraging.”

Previous
Next Post »