GIST OF THE DAY: Andy Murray Receives A Right Royal Congrats From Queen Elizabeth

After three intense sets (6-4, 7-5, 6-4), Scottish-born
Andy Murray beat Novak Djokovic to win Wimbledon
2013, a year after he lost the mens single title to Roger
Federer.
Though this is a massive win for Great Britain, Murray
doesn’t know if his first Wimbledon victory tops the
Olympics, where he beat Federer.
“Winning Olympic gold, I don’t know if I’ll ever have
feelings like I had that day ,” Murray said, according to
the Telegraph . ”Winning Olympic gold here, a home
Olympics, I’ll never get the opportunity to do that
again.
“It was probably one of the proudest moments of my
career. I don’t know if I’ll ever top that.”
Murray was presented with his trophy by Prince
Edward, Duke of Kent, president of the All England
Club.  He was also sent a private message of
congratulations by Queen Elizabeth .
Editor’s note: On the morning of Her Majesty’s
coronation in June 1953, it was learned that Great
Britons Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgay had reached
the summit of Mount Everest.  It’s hard not to draw
parallels between this and Murray’s historic win and the
Duchess of Cambridge‘s impending delivery.

Previous
Next Post »