Clarion Chukwura Makes A Comeback In ‘Hustlers’ With Mercy Johnson and Nse Ikpe Etim

After commendation on his past jobs, True Citizens, A Wish, Playing Safe, Happy Family (TV drama series) and many more, award winning producer, Elvin Chucks is back with new blend that will surely get us talking for a long time to come. His new movie, Hustlers is the story of a mother who wants to use her daughter as channel of finding an easy way out of poverty. The movie has memorable twists and bends with Mercy Johnson and Nse Ikpe Etim playing roles of two local girls ‘hustling’ to survive in the city. Clarion Chukwura returns to the big screen with the role of Mercy’s mother. Other cast members include IK Ogbonna, Chelsea Eze and Paul Sambo. On the movie, the actor cum producer said “I want to make history in Nollywood with this movie. Hustlers is a glamour filled movie, aimed at correcting the ills of the society. You will see Nse and Mercy Johnson playing the kind of roles they’ve never played before. I try to do something unconventional with the movie’ Mercy Johnson was delighted to be featured in the movie. According to her “This’s my first movie with Elvis Chucks, and when the script was giving to me, it wasn’t a script to turn down, because it was full of suspense, talks about the ills of the society and how to make changes. The cast and crew of Hustlers were wonderful”. “I had already taken a break in the movie industry, when Elvis gave me a brief summary about the movie, I said in my mind that there is nothing challenging about it. Not until he brought the script and I read through it, I was amazed at the impeccable themes, characterization, plot and the rest, I couldn’t help but say yes”. Said Clarion Chukwura
Previous
Next Post »