Tevez: It's an honour to be given Del Piero's shirt

Carlos Tevez feels
honoured to be awarded
the No.10 shirt that
previously belonged to
Juventus icon Alessandro
Del Piero following his
transfer from Manchester
City.
The Argentina international signed a three-year
deal with the Serie A champions on Wednesday
and is keen to follow in the footsteps of the
former Italy international in Turin.
"It's a pleasure to have Del Piero's shirt. He's a
great champion and I hold him in high esteem,"
he said at a press conference.
"The big challenge isn't wearing the No.10, but
being up to the standard of Juve. I wore
Maradona's No.10 at Boca..."
Tevez then went on to discuss his ambitions for
next season and stressed that winning the Serie
A title is his main objective.
"I'm not currently thinking about being next
season's top scorer. I'm thinking about the
targets the team could reach.
"We must win Serie A. The dream is the
Champions League, but we need to take one step
at a time.
"Playing for Juve, one of the greatest clubs in the
world, excites me. I've always liked Italian
football. I want to bring my experience and
quality to the team."
The 29-year-old also briefly discussed AC Milan's
interest and stressed that he has not been in
touch with Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani
recently.
"I want to make this clear: I haven't spoken to
Galliani recently, the last time was over a year
ago."

Previous
Next Post »